The end of the year is traditionally the time of year where people from all walks of life, of all creeds and colours, put aside their differences and write lists of things on their blogs. Me? I do that at the start of the year. But I do it about the previous year. No it isn’t the same as just being late. For reasons. Okay so here are some lists of things I can remember enjoying with minimal comment. Presume in all cases that I have forgotten loads of good things:
List of books that I can remember reading in 2014:
- Harry Potter and The Something of Something – JK Rowling (These are quite good – how come no one knows about them?)
- Us – David Nicholls.
- Funny Girl – Nick Hornby.
- We are all completely besides ourselves – Karen Joy Fowler.
- Wolf Hall – Hilary Mantell.
- Bring Up The Bodies – Hilary Mantel.
- The Bromeliad Trilogy (Truckers/Diggers/Wings) – Terry Pratchett (One of my favourite childhood books and even better than I remembered)
- Home – Bill Bryson.
List of TV Shows I remember watching in 2014
- Game of Thrones.
- The Missing.
- The Good Wife.
- Sherlock (Was that even last year? If not then pretend like this entry isn’t here)
- The Walking Dead.
- The Leftovers.
- Portlandia (Funniest show I saw all year)
List of films I remember seeing in 2014:
- Gone Girl.
- The Hobbit: Battle of the whatever
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Imitation Game.
- Citizen Kane.
- The Lego Movie.
- Dawn of the planet of the apes
- Edge of Tomorrow.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past.
- 22 Jump Street.
List of video games I remember playing in 2014
- Thomas Was Alone.
- Back to the Future
- Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
- Quake Live.
- Age of Empires 2.
List of games that I bought in the 2014 Winter Steam Sale even though most will go unplayed but I had a gift voucher, so you know
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
- Game of Thrones
- Gods Will Be Watching.
- Transformers: War for Cybertron.
- Far Cry 3.
- Lego Lord of the Rings.
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
- Don’t Starve.
- Prison Architect.
Damn you steam, damn you to hell.